Time lapse technology and artificial intelligence for embryo development & selection
EmbyroScope+ is an innovative time-lapse technology used to carefully monitor and analyse the development of embryos. It combines an incubator, high resolution camera and computer software to automatically take an image of an embryo up to every 10 minutes.
All of our EmbryoScope+ are also equipped with a unique artificial intelligence system capable of detailed analysis of the embryo to aid the embryologists in selecting the best embryo for transfer.
Ground-breaking research has shown that the combination of these sophisticated incubators and the artificial intelligence system can improve the prediction of which embryo is most likely to implant.
This is the only system in Australia which is capable of this level of sophisticated analysis of the whole growth phase of the embryo.
What are the benefits of using EmbryoScope+?
There are five core benefits to the EmbryoScope+:
- Reduced handling: Scientists can review the development of embryos at any point in time without removing them from their safe incubator environment. Every patient even has their own individual cartridge which can hold up to 16 embryos, which means the embryos are not disturbed when checking other patients’ embryos.
- More monitoring: Scientists can analyse more than 7200 minutes of an embryos development compared with the standard 6-10 minutes.
- Better embryo selection: By obtaining accurate, in-depth data combined with an artificial intelligence system, scientists can now use selection and de-selection criteria to try and identify the best embryo for transfer.
- Optimal conditions: Embryos are constantly kept at optimal temperature and pH conditions, mimicking the conditions of a natural pregnancy.
- First video of your baby: If you would like one, you can receive a video of the transferred embryo developing.
Who might benefit from EmbyroScope+?
Anyone undergoing IVF or ICSI is suitable for culture in the EmbryoScope+.
What is the cost?
There is no additional fee for using the EmbryoScope+ technology. EmbryoScope is available at all of our embryology laboratories.