COVID 19 Update: Continued Lockdown in Greater Sydney
As Greater Sydney faces continued COVID-19 lockdown, we want to reassure you that all the IVFAustralia clinics and services are continuing to operate as essential medical services.
Our patients are still able to start and complete any planned treatments. If, however, the COVID-19 situation changes unexpectedly and, as a result, we are unable to complete your treatment, we will waive the normal out-of-pocket cycle cancellation charges for your cycle.
We are here to help during these uncertain times.
We want to make sure that you are aware also that if you should for any reason require COVID-19 testing during or prior to your care we can help you to get a fast turnaround result to give you peace of mind and can also plan your next steps. Please talk to our team via 1800 111 483 should you need any help.
NSW Health orders
We also want to keep you up to date with new updates from NSW Health and relevant orders and what they mean for anyone planning or actively undertaking care.
A Health order has been issued requiring that anyone leaving the Fairfield LGA for essential work to another LGA will need to get testing as soon as possible and at least every 3 days and those travelling from Greater Sydney to Regional NSW will be required to undertake testing weekly.
- you live in the Fairfield area and are seeking care from one of our clinics outside of this LGA you will need to advise us of your most recent test result or get tested prior to attending.
- you live in Greater Sydney and are travelling to regional NSW for care at one of our clinics you will need to also advise us of your most recent test result or get tested prior to attending.
We encourage all of our patients to keep reviewing the NSW Health advice and updates and particularly as to whether you have been to any of the locations listed by the NSW health. Also, that should you be experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 that you follow NSW Health directions.
Please talk to our team on 1800 111 483 if you should have any questions.
Our Safety precautions
We continue to have precautions in place to keep everyone safe:
- We are continuing to maintain strict temperature and symptom checking on entry to all of our clinics.
- Requirement that anyone who comes into our clinics wears a mask. If you do not have a mask of your own, we will be happy to provide you with a mask as you come into the clinic.
- We are continuing to provide all of our starting patients with a COVID safety kit which will include a reusable mask, some hand sanitiser and additional information.
- We will continue to maintain our social distancing procedures in waiting rooms.
- Our specialists will offer telehealth consultation options in order for you to have the choice of having your consultation in the privacy and convenience of your own home. We encourage you to consider this option but you will still be welcome to come in to see your specialist for a more personal discussion if you wish.
- We continue to have strict cleaning and disinfection procedures in place
- Our staff continue to wear a safe level of personal protective equipment.
- We will be move certain appointments away from laboratory sites where possible to protect and reduce traffic to these locations.
To learn how we have updated our operations including efforts to minimise traffic in order to keep you safe, read more here.
During this challenging time, we look forward to continuing to be a safe place where we can assist you in having your family.
If you have any questions about all of this please don’t hesitate to contact and talk to our team on 1800 111 483.