IVFAustralia and the NSW Specialist Day Hospitals (SDH) recognise the need to deliver services to patients, referring doctors and all other customers at a consistently high level of quality that reliably meets and exceeds their expectations
The Board takes responsibility through the delegation of authority to the Managing Director for all aspects of the IVFA quality system. As the Quality Management System underpins all that IVFAustralia and the NSW SDH’s do the Board takes seriously its obligation to ensure that appropriate resources and funds are allocated to supporting the infrastructure required for a robust Quality Management Program and one that is embraced by all employees. Resources are identified and allocated through the annual strategic planning and budgeting process and are ultimately approved by the Board.
The Managing Director will delegate authority for the implementation of the Quality Management Systems to the Quality Compliance and Risk Manager who will oversee the implementation and maintenance of the Program.
IVFAustralia and the SDH’s strives to achieve its obligations through the following Quality Objectives:
- Understand and respond to the needs of patients, referring doctors and other customers;
- Provide written policies, procedures and instructions to ensure consistent systems of work across the organisation;
- Ensure compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements as well as current industry standards;
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to employees to ensure they are sufficiently skilled and resourced to perform their duties;
- Promote and nurture a culture of continual improvement across all levels of the workforce.
Management accepts the responsibility to ensure that: -
- Quality is the responsibility of every employees member;
- There is a universal commitment to customer service and getting things right the first time;
- The Quality Management System is integral to the training and induction of new and existing employees at IVFAustralia and the NSW SDH’s;
- The policy and procedural documentation of the Quality Management System is communicated, understood and adhered to by all employees in all aspects of the organisation operations;
- The effectiveness of the Quality Management System is measured periodically and responded to accordingly;
- IVFAustralia Quality Manual, Quality Policy and Quality Objectives are reviewed at least annually as part of the Business Planning activity and are based on the minimum standards required in accordance with AS SO 9001:2016, ISO/IEC 15189:2012, RTAC accreditation requirements, National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHS) 2018 and the Stage II Diagnostic Imaging Accreditation Scheme standards.
Employees are to:
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Quality Management System;
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
Application of the Policy : This policy is applicable to IVFAustralia in all of its operations and functions, including those situations where employees are required to work offsite.